The Design Engineer is a highly creative, solutions oriented, intelligent Industrial Design or Product Design professional with stellar CAD skills and creativity to spare.
The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to use creative solutions using cutting-edge technology and a lot of imagination to turn high-end concepts into reality. This is not a product/graphic design job; it is a position that requires a solutions oriented engineering approach. You will be using your knowledge to faithfully interpret already established design criteria that will be provided by architects and outside design firms to troubleshoot and engineer client designs.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- A passion for engineering and contributing to the building of innovative designs!
- Experience in custom architectural details, high-end commercial or residential millwork, custom signage or related industry
- Training in Architecture, Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or similar field
- Highly skilled in CAD; preferably AutoCAD and hand sketching ability
- Ability to work effectively autonomously as well as part of a team
- Thorough knowledge of materials, technology and fabrication techniques
- Excellent math, verbal and written communication skills
- Sense of humor
- Superb communication skills; both written and verbal